Casting call

Between work, other projects, and just not having too much energy in the evenings lately, I’m about a week late at getting the rest of the LED boards soldered, buuuuuut~ I’ve done that and got an extra surprise for you!

I stopped by Tap Plastics yesterday and picked up one of their mold making kits, and the Morgan’s front emblem is currently sitting under about an inch of silicone RTV mold. This is going to be the start of a little project to try and make a “MOGROD +4” front emblem for the car. It’ll be interesting to see if it goes anywhere. At the very least, I can attempt to make a copy of the emblem that doesn’t have all the pitting and corrosion. In the end, a new emblem costs about ~$130, so it’s worth giving it a try and if nothing comes of it, I’ll just order a new one.

I took the time to get the LED contacts all soldered in place, and will hopefully start the wiring in the next few nights.

In other news, a “this for that” deal may be developing that could result in some rather cool possibilities for the Mogrod’s final “paint”… more to come on that as / if it develops!

This entry was posted in 1966 Morgan +4, Restoration, Upgrades. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *